Contact our support team
User support is provided via an online helpdesk system. To contact our support team visit the helpdesk system’s user portal which is accessible through the below address:
When you first visit the user portal you have to sign up for an account. Through the portal you will be able to create new requests and also manage open and closed requests you have submitted. Instructions on how to submit requests through the user portal can be found here.
An alternative way to contact our support team is via the email address:
Requests sent directly to the firstname.lastname@example.org email address will still be received through the ticketing system and be visible under the “Requests” menu (as long as the email from which you have sent the request is the same with the one associated with your account in the portal).
Obtaining an account
After your application has been accepted, you have to request an account by completing the following form and agreeing with all terms and conditions of CyI-HPCF’s Acceptable Usage Policy:
Please note that to be able to access the above form you need to have an account on our helpdesk system’s user portal. So, if this is the first time you are accessing the portal, please proceed with signing up for an account first. If you already have an account, please login first and then proceed with the form submission.
As “Project ID” put the project code (eg. lspre100s1) corresponding to your application submission. For the educational access projects as “Project ID” type “Educational Access”.
– You will not be granted a user account on a HPC resource if you have not completed this form.
– Each accepted project is allocated a specific HPC site, you will only be allowed access to your projects allocated site(s)
– You will not be granted access unless you are registered as a collaborator in an accepted production or preparatory project or as a professor/student in an educational access project. Additional collaborators (not registered in the original proposal) can only be registered by the project leader by contacting email@example.com
– If you are permitted access to more than one HPC resource you will have to complete the form for each permitted site – each time choosing the appropriate (and different) HPC resource you are entitled to use.
Once the above has been done, you will be contacted by the HPC Facility team for your login details.
Users who already have an account on the system, need to submit the below form, for the administrators to associate their existing account with the new project:
Login Node Names for HPC systems
Accepted Preparatory and Production Access proposals get an allocation on Cy-Tera. The login node of Cy-Tera is:
Educational Access requests get an allocation on Euclid. The login node of Euclid is:
There are two different types of billing units for system time allocation for users. These are the following:
- CPU Core Hours – One CPU core hour equates to using a single CPU for one hour.
- GPU Hours – One GPU hour equates to using a single GPU resource for one hour.
Each project/user will be allocated a specific amount of each. Deductions from this amount will be made upon use of computing resources on a system.
Preparatory and Production Access final report templates
At the end of each project, users are obliged to submit a final report through which they will summarise the results of their. project. More details for the final report can be found in section 10.1 of the Guideline for applicants document. The templates for the final report can be found below: